- Human Resources
- HR Blogs
- Employee Engagement
- Flexible Work Policies
- Work environment issues
- Game theory
- Code of conduct
- Employee Poaching & Non Compete Agreements
- Job hunting
- Culture and collaboration
- Office Politics
- Leadership Blogs
- 9 Box Model for classifying people in organizations
- Interview Preparation Guide
- Recursos Humanos
- hbr.org: Harvard Business Review - Ideas and Advice for Leaders
- Undercover Recruiter - Career and Recruitment Blog
- L. David Marquet
- How Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs influences Employee Engagement
- Warning: Over Half Your Employees Hate Their Job
- BOOMERANG EMPLOYEES: WHO THEY ARE AND WHY THEY ARE ON THE RISE
- THE PSYCHOLOGICAL CONTRACT: ARE YOU ON GOOD TERMS WITH YOUR MANAGER?
- 9 Warning Signs Your Employee is Quitting
- 10 Things Companies Do That Kill Employee Motivation 🌟
- Employee vs employer views on benefits (infographic) 🌟🌟 If money doesn't buy loyal employees, what does? Our infographic outlines the most desired benefits, retention drivers according to employers versus employees and more
- weforum.org: This is how to recharge your brain, according to science
- hbr.org: The More You Energize Your Coworkers, the Better Everyone Performs
- entrepreneur.com: 7 Things You Should Never Say to Your Employees 🌟
- entrepreneur.com: How Employees and Managers See Things Differently -- and How to Fix It 🌟
- workitdaily.com: Career Management: Are YOU Lazy?
- Sell Your Talent, Not Your Time 🌟🌟
Flexible Work Policies¶
- medium: Oh Sh*t. Your top female talent is pregnant
- Which is the best country to be a working woman? 🌟
- ‘Flexible Work Policies Shouldn’t Just Be About Parents’ 🌟 People without children have personal lives that matter, too
- What is conservative management style?
- Good vs Bad Leader
- Good Boss, Bad Boss: How to Be the Best... and Learn from the Worst 🌟
- 9 Signs You’ve Got a Bad Boss
- Is your boss making you sick?
- Can You Be Friends With Your Boss?
- 21 Signs That Your Boss Doesn't Like You 🌟 The signals may be subtle--but if you know what to look for, they are usually easy to spot.
- When Your Manager Doesn't Want You To Succeed
- 24 signs you have a terrible boss
- How to Manage the 3 Worst Types of Bosses It's hard to find a good boss, so it's important to know how to handle a bad one.
- enterprisersproject.com: Why too much talent is wasted by managers not daring to lose control
- The 17 things you should never say to your boss
- 8 phrases to eliminate from your work vocabulary
- 9 Things Managers Do That Make Good Employees Quit 🌟🌟🌟
- Learning as A Leader: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (Part 2)
- businessinsider.com: Researchers discovered a surprising trait shared by the worst bosses
- Daniel Goleman: How to Coach A Dictatorial Leader 🌟
- 10 Things HR Doesn't Want You to Know (but I'll Tell You) 🌟🌟 HR and recruiting have some secrets you should know..
- Feels Like My Boss Doesn't Like Me (And, It's Hurting My Career) 🌟🌟
- 20 things the most respected bosses never say
- businessinsider.com: 13 signs you're about to get a promotion at work 🌟
- forbes: 9 Things You Can Do When The Boss Takes Credit For Your Work
- entrepreneur.com: How to Avoid Micromanaging
- OOPS! They changed your boss again?
- Entrepreneurs Can Save Their Startups When They Stop Micromanaging 🌟
- 6 Ways to Kill Your Employee’s Productivity 🌟
- Difficult Employees and How to Deal With Them
- hbr.org: First, Let’s Fire All the Managers 🌟
- 5 Employment Laws All Small Businesses Should Know
- Lazy Leadership: Why I rarely go to the office, only see my team a couple times a week, and let other people make important decisions
- I once caught someone lying on their résumé — here's why you should never fib to an employer
- The 8 Delegation Myths Of The Office 🌟
- When Your Job Title Doesn’t Reflect What You Really Do
- Millennials Don’t Want Fun; They Want You To Lead Better
- Don’t let stress and a crazy pace kill your culture 🌟🌟🌟
- Multitasking is Killing Your Brain
- 26 time-management tricks I wish I'd known at 20 🌟🌟
- What Are The Next Steps After Getting A Promotion? 🌟
- How the Concept of "Purpose" Can Make a Huge Difference in Attracting Talent 🌟🌟
- 3 Ways to Survive the Office Generation Clash 🌟🌟🌟 It seems with each year and with each new employee, offices and workplaces get harder to manage and handle. The rise in diversity of the modern workplace means that the chance of ideas and worldviews clashing is higher than it has ever been. And with new generations coming in, this will only worsen.
- 5 Ways To Determine Corporate Culture 🌟🌟
- Forbes: 25 Things Managers Do That Drive Their Employees Crazy 🌟🌟
- People Hate Micromanagers. Here Are 3 Tips to Not Being One
- Reasons Why The Other Guy (Or Gal) Got The Promotion
- Learn When to Delegate and When to Micromanage
- How Seagull Managers Make Everyone Miserable
- Here's who you should sit next to at work if you want to be more productive
- opensource.com: How to keep a meritocracy in check 🌟
- Management Style: When Is It Viewed as Abusive? Some boorish bosses earn reputations as masterful leaders because they get results, new research says
- hbr.org - Research: Insecure Managers Don’t Want Your Suggestions
- DZone: Technical Leadership in Software Companies 🌟🌟🌟 The author gives highlights of a recent talk about software leadership, the psyche of developers, and how to lead.
- The Good Boss Effect In a employee survey, 49 percent of employees stated they would leave their job to feel more appreciated.
- hbr.org: What to Do When Your Employee Asks for a Raise Too Soon 🌟🌟
- ‘It’s Not In My Job Description’: 5 Steps To Build Company Pride And A Sense Of Ownership
- inc.com: Why the Office Dress Code Is Slowly Dying Companies competing to attract and retain the best talent are changing their expectations about what employees should wear on the job.
- cityam.com: Four ways the workforce is set to change over the next 20 years, according to UBS Wealth Management and The Future Laboratory
- entrepreneur.com: The 4 Punishing Costs of Making a Bad Hire The financial wreckage wrought by hiring the wrong person is much too often hidden from the founder's notice.
- social.hays.com: WHAT’S ON YOUR CAREER BUCKET LIST? 🌟 Many of us draw up a bucket list of things we’d like to do or achieve in our personal lives, such as learning how to dance salsa, trying sky-diving, trekking to Everest base camp, or writing a book – but how many of us think about creating a bucket list of milestones for our professional lives?
- businessinsider.com: 9 signs you'll never be rich 🌟
- And this is exactly why we need more women in leadership positions
- content-loop.com: The Top 10 Ways To Attract And Retain Great Talent 🌟
- content-loop.com: Sorry, But Some Work-Related Stress Is Good For You
- entrepreneur.com: 7 Signs a Great Employee Might Be a Bad Boss 🌟🌟
- linkedin: The Tyranny of National Boss's Day
- money.cnn.com: Why Silicon Valley's top execs are obsessed with taking walks 🌟🌟
- J.T. O'Donnell: #1 Mistake People Make In A New Job 🌟🌟🌟
- How to "manage" your boss
- Lessons I've learned as a manager 🌟🌟🌟
- The 5 Scary Types of Managers 🌟🌟🌟
- How Resentment Hurts Your Career (And, 6 Steps To Overcoming It)
- Best PEOPLE get FIRED for cause! Tragedy of the modern world 🌟🌟🌟
- TOP REGRETS of experienced MANAGERS
- Good Bosses Switch Between Two Leadership Styles 🌟🌟🌟🌟
Rest up tonight. Arianna Huffington just destroyed that macho 'no sleep' mentality. pic.twitter.com/wAza8hnrGw— Business Insider (@businessinsider) 14 de octubre de 2016
No time to hit the gym? No excuses. You can do these exercises you can do while sitting at your desk: pic.twitter.com/FPoqShPNDX— Forbes (@Forbes) 13 de octubre de 2016
Work environment issues¶
- forbes.com: How To Handle A Frenemy At Work What is a frenemy? It’s a person who acts like a friend until they suddenly decide to stab you in the back.
- businessinsider.com: 19 signs your coworkers secretly hate you
- Don't let 'jerks' ruin your day — here's how to overcome their bad energy at work
- It’s Better to Avoid a Toxic Employee than Hire a Superstar
- cityam.com: "Ghosting" is the new skiving as nine per cent of UK workers admit to giving their employers the silent treatment
- Examples of Bullying in the Workplace
- How To Tell If Your Boss Is a Bully or Just Tough
- Is your boss just tough, or a bully?
- Top 10 Signs Your Boss is Bullying You
- How to Unlock the “Respect Me” Code at Work
- Are You A Jerk At Work? (How To Know For Sure) 🌟
- Why some teams don’t get along — and what we learned from the commander of the International Space Station
- An Empathy Video That Asks You To Stand in Someone Else's Shoes 🌟
- cityam - Personality clash: Dealing with conflict in the workplace
- What it was like to leave Microsoft for a less stressful, lower-paying job
- The Real Cost Of Mean People In Business 🌟
- How to Keep Peace in the Workplace
- Learn To Say ‘No’ When You Have Too Much On Your Plate At Work
- 6 steps to quashing conflict in the workplace
- Is it time to quit your job?
- Speaking Up Without Getting Fired
- I Quit... Please Stay. Now What?!
- 5 Reasons Why You Don’t Have Friends At Work
- My Career Injured Me, Now What?
- Secret to Finding Inner Peace at a Toxic Job
- 7 Toxic Traits Of A Bad Employer
- 9 Ways To Make The Wrong Impression On Your First Day
- The Art of Natural Self-Promotion
- How to Break Up With a Bad Career Moving on from a bad career starts with a clear plan for a better one.
- 5 Steps To Easily Connect With Your Co-Workers
- Five Signs Your Job Is Wasting Your Talent
- How a 'Praise Addiction' Can Really Mess Up Your Career
- Want to Be Happy at Work? Care Less About It
- How a Millennial Stunned the Worst Boss Ever by Telling Him to Take His Job and Shove It
- 24 signs nobody trusts you at work
- How to deal with 7 terrible work situations 🌟🌟
- Why Smart Women Still Get Sexually Harassed In cases like Gretchen Carlson's, here's why the phrase "there's safety in numbers" matters.
- Culture Shock—Without Ever Leaving Your Home Country
- economist.com: Sysadmin job related stress can makes us stronger? New research shows that even severe stress can have an upside
- How to Excel When You Have Toxic Co-workers
- 23 things you should never say to your coworkers
- The way out of burnout. A psychoanalyst explains why for people feeling “burnt out”, simply trying to relax doesn’t always work
- Glassdoor.com: How to Deal With a Bad Boss 🌟
- Glassdoor.com: Why Do People Quit Their Dream Job?
- Glassdoor.com: How to Deal With a Micromanager
- forbes.com: Don't Post Your Way To Unemployment
- High Staff Turnover? Top 4 Ways to Lose Your Best Employees
- 25 Qualities the World's Worst Managers Have in Common (Don’t You Be One!)
- How To Survive A Difficult Boss
- fortune.com: Tech industry job ads: Older workers need not apply
- Add Hewlett-Packard To The List Of Tech Icons Sued For Ageism Did the company target older workers for termination, just to replace them with younger ones?
- bloomberg.com: It’s Tough Being Over 40 in Silicon Valley Older workers are trying lawsuits, classes, makeovers—even surgery—to keep working.
- glassdoor.com: 7 Annoying Coworkers To Avoid
- Hey Boss: This Job Is Making Me Sick
- entrepreneur.com: 3 Tips for Dealing With the Inevitable Departure of Key Employees
- There's a new boss in town 🌟 Here are some key principles to keep in mind when a new boss comes to town.
- How To Solve The Biggest Threat To Your Office Culture Have you heard about the single deadliest threat to your office culture? It’s a secret, so I’ll tell you, as long as you promise not to tell anyone. It’s gossip.
- I walked away from a career where people kissed my ass — and I couldn’t be happier about it 🌟🌟
- 8 Things Employees Desperately Wish Managers Would Do More
- workitdaily.com: Learn To Say ‘No’ When You Have Too Much On Your Plate At Work
- How I Learned That Employees Need A Leader, Not A Friend
- Employers: Avoiding Age Discrimination In The Workplace
- Our Negative Boss: Unconventional Tactics We Used to Overcome The 2nd Worst Boss Ever 🌟🌟
- An Unexpected Way to Stop People from Quitting
- cpl.ie: Why am I Not Being Promoted?
- Things Smart People Never Reveal About Themselves At Work 🌟🌟🌟
- forbes.com: 5 Toxic People You Should Avoid Like The Plague 🌟
- DZone: Managing Tech Job Stress When 9-5 Is Unrealistic 🌟🌟🌟 We have control regarding the way we work, interact with people around us, and engage in self-care. We'll consider ways we can cope with job stress at work and home.
- Why are Women Not Considered for Top Promotions in PR and Business at Large?
- hbr.org: How Managers Can Help Their Introverts Network
- Too soft on the soft skills?
- 9 Ways Successful People Fight Procrastination
- Why It's a Bad Idea to Talk Politics at Work (and how to avoid it) 🌟🌟🌟
- content-loop.com: 3 Polite Phrases to Shut Down Uncomfortable Conversations at Work
- Things you can do as a manager to avoid conflicts at work
- entrepreneur.com: Your Employees Aren't Really Doing Their Jobs -- How to Help
- My Boss Expects Too Much, Too Fast... 🌟🌟 Is this boss too demanding? Or, is the employee not stepping up? You decide...
- What happens when a loyal employee is out-performed by a new hire? 🌟🌟🌟
- Hey Boss: Your Chaos Is Making Me Anxious
- Ten signs they're looking for a reason to fire you 🌟🌟🌟
"Burnout is not just thinking, 'I'm too tired...' It's the inability to think creatively.” https://t.co/cBg0oM9Dtu— First Round (@firstround) 26 de abril de 2016
How to apply for a job in a field where you have no experience https://t.co/jSCcatqpIf— The Independent (@Independent) 28 de marzo de 2016
Adapt or Die. It's a data story - https://t.co/M8Nx3cATPY— Namster Travel (@namsterzw) 14 de marzo de 2016
Office Space (3/5) Movie CLIP - Motivation Problems (1999) HD Ever feel like this? http://t.co/G3HvQOClpw— Keith Gorman (@wfo420) 7 de octubre de 2015
Ah yes, the classic Norman Rockwell painting "Being A Woman On The Internet" (1959) pic.twitter.com/2Ds8Cqyudi— Erin Ruberry (@erinruberry) 17 de septiembre de 2016
Code of conduct¶
- The complex reality of adopting a meaningful code of conduct
- Bad Employee Handbook Policies Sure to Land You in Court What's overwhelming? Creating an employee handbook while avoiding common policy mistakes.
My manager says I don't work well with people whose intelligence I don't respect.— Sad Operator (@sadoperator) 14 de junio de 2016
"that wouldn't be a problem if you didn't hire idiots"
Employee Poaching & Non Compete Agreements¶
- High-Tech Employee Antitrust Litigation
- Apple, Google, others settle antipoaching lawsuit for $415 million
- Apple, Google reach new deal to end U.S. lawsuit over poaching
- Demanda multimillonaria a Apple, Google, Intel y Adobe por pactar que no se robarían empleados
- ¿Que os parece la actitud de Google, Apple, Intel, Adobe, etc?
Non-compete agreements are becoming more common - here's how to arm yourself if you're asked to sign: https://t.co/nMpQSr7ym1— Ross School of Bus. (@MichiganRoss) 17 de marzo de 2016
- 9 Signs You Should Run Away From That Job Offer
- modelviewculture.com: The Full-Stack Employee and The Glorification of Generalization
- Employer Loved Me... Then Rejected Me
- 3 Things You Need to Find a Job Faster
- A hedge fund HR boss says too many young people are making this error and destroying their chances at a job More and more young candidates for hedge fund positions aren't being completely honest on their résumés.
- Five Signs Your Job Is Wasting Your Talent
- 5 Things You Should Be Doing If You’re Unemployed
- Finding The Silver Lining After Losing A Job
When you need experience to get a job but you need a job for experience 🙃 pic.twitter.com/Xm37xnBcKP— Nerd (@SmartInsults) 24 de febrero de 2016
Most of these require effort not talent. Still good list though for any one working in IT :) pic.twitter.com/5fvzFl94V2— nixCraft (@nixcraft) 17 de marzo de 2016
On Being A Senior Engineer https://t.co/11tGUJ2buh— Jackie Kazil (@JackieKazil) 26 de marzo de 2016
- 5 Networking Mistakes And How To Easily Avoid Them
- How NOT to Contact Recruiters on LinkedIn
- careerealism.com: 5 Networking Tips Every Job Seeker Needs
- entrepreneur.com: Don't 'Stop Networking.' Just Start Doing It Right 🌟🌟
- GitHub is undergoing a full-blown overhaul as execs and employees depart — and we have the full inside story
How to Fire and Onboard Employees¶
Culture and collaboration¶
- Apple CEO Tim Cook on Collaboration
- Ted Talks. Susan Cain: The power of introverts
- Simon Sinek: If You Don't Understand People, You Don't Understand Business
- Simon Sinek: Love Your Work
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
9 Box Model for classifying people in organizations¶
- slideshare.net: 9 Box Model for classifying people in organizations
- slideshare.net: 9 Box Performance-Potential Matrix
Interview Preparation Guide¶
Trust means trust! Trust does not mean trust and competence merged together.https://t.co/32b2eWL40x— David Marquet (@ldavidmarquet) 23 de marzo de 2016
Si Michael Jordan fallaba 3 tiros, el pabellón entero tendría zapatillas gratis.. Pero.. 😂: pic.twitter.com/M8WNohinaX— EstadisticasNBA (@EstadisticasNBA) 2 de agosto de 2016